Spinal Cord Injuries
Woodstock Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
When someone else’s negligence causes you to suffer a spinal cord injury, you cannot trust your case to just any personal injury law firm. You need to know that the people you ask for legal help are not only up to the task but also genuinely concerned about your future wellbeing.
At The Dickinson Law Firm, LLC in Woodstock, you can find a safe, comfortable space to support you while your case develops. It is our passion to help the wrongfully injured seek justice and compensation in their hours of need.
Why should you come to our law firm first?
- We assign an attorney and paralegal to each case, as well as support staff.
- We prepare every case as if it will go to trial.
- We offer contingency fees – no payment to us unless we win your case.
- We have won millions of dollars for our clients through successful case results.
- We have a full list of happy client testimonials.
Given our histories as trial attorneys who are also capable of negotiating a fair settlement on our clients’ behalves, we are ready to take on any opposition, from large insurance companies to entire medical groups. We get to work on every detail of your case while you try your best to rest.
Paralysis Caused by a Spinal Cord Injury
Most spinal cord injuries will cause paralysis to some degree. The extent, severity, and permanence of paralysis depends on the damage done and where it occurred. Generally, the higher the spinal disc damaged along the spine, the worse the paralysis.
There are four forms of paralysis:
- Monoplegia: Paralysis of one arm or leg
- Hemiplegia: Paralysis of one arm and leg on the same side of the body
- Paraplegia: Paralysis of both legs
- Quadriplegia: Paralysis of both arms and both legs
Each form of paralysis can also be partial, total, permanent, or temporary, which describes the extent of the paralysis and how long it lasts. All forms of paralysis can be traumatizing for the patient, even partial and temporary monoplegia.
When we seek damages for your spinal cord injury claim – like past and future medical costs – we will also want to take into account noneconomic damages you have experienced, like traumatization.
We Are Your Warriors for Justice – Call (770) 924-8155
Trying to demand compensation from the party that caused your spinal cord injury can feel much like a battle, especially if it escalates to a trial. That’s why you’ll want us on your side. We are known throughout Woodstock and beyond as real warriors for justice who prepare for legal fights as if we were fighting for ourselves.