Nursing Error Attorneys in Woodstock
Seeking Justice for Injured Individuals For Over Two Decades
Some of the finest people in our community are nurses who have chosen a calling of service through medical care. Many of us have nurses in our family. Nurses are often the ones helping busy doctors remember to do important things. It’s hard for us to think of a situation where a nurse might make a mistake resulting in harm to us or a loved one. It does happen, but it is very rare. And when it does happen, the nurse and her employer, usually a hospital, must be held accountable.
While many people think of medical malpractice as referring only to doctors’ mistakes, this is not the case. In fact, other medical professionals and staff, including nurses, nurses assistants and even technicians can - and do - commit medical negligence.
At The Dickinson Law Firm, our Woodstock nursing error lawyers have been helping victims of medical negligence throughout Northern Georgia for decades.
Call our office at (770) 766-7739 to request a free and confidential consultation today.
Recognized Nursing Mistakes
Nurses, like doctors, are required to provide care at the same or higher level than all other nurses provide. This is called the nursing standard of care. When nurses fail to meet this standard of care, and when patients suffer harm as a result, there must be accountability.
Some examples of recognized nursing mistakes include:
- Failure to collaborate with doctors and other medical professionals
- Poor communication with patients/patients’ loved ones
- Medication errors, including wrong dosage or wrong medication
- Errors due to fatigue, often due to understaffing and/or excessive overtime hours
- Failure to ask for or offer assistance to other medical staff
- Failure to properly evaluate a patient as a fall risk
- Failure to take precautions for a patient who is a fall risk
- Failure to follow and assure doctors’ orders are completed
- Failure to contact the supervising nurse when a patient is not receiving proper care
Sadly, many instances of nursing errors lead to catastrophic injury or even death. At The Dickinson Law Firm, we believe that negligent medical professionals, including nurses, should be held accountable. Our Woodstock nursing error attorneys are prepared to help you evaluate the strength of your case and fight for you.
To request a free, no-obligation consultation, call (770) 766-7739 or contact us online.